About Adopt-A-Bull RescueAdopt-A-Bull Rescue, Inc. is a not-for-profit English Bulldog Rescue organization based in South Florida. We are a network of bulldog lovers and volunteers with an unyielding desire to help English Bulldogs in need of an "intervention". The bulldogs that enter our re-homing and rescue program may come from animal shelters where they would otherwise be facing euthanasia, some are found as strays and others have been surrendered by private individuals who can no longer care for them. Our goal is to raise sufficient funds, rehabilitating the dogs in our custody in order to provide them with a positive quality of life when they are adopted to their forever families. It is with strong conviction we have decided to reach out to bulldogs less fortunate than the ones we call our own. These bullies have more than just "a face only a mother could love". It's up to us to make a difference in their lives and we can't do it without your support.
Surrendering your English Bulldog to us...There may come a time when a family decides it’s in their bulldogs’ best interest to live with another family. The last thing we want to do is to take your furry family member away from you, so before the surrender actually takes place, we have a series of steps that are conducted. If you do decide that your only alternative is to re-home your bullie, Adopt-A-Bull Rescue assists in this process through our comprehensive re-homing program.
- Adopt-A-Bull Rescue's experienced and trained volunteers will thoroughly discuss the current situation your family is experiencing with your bullie. A thorough assessment will be performed that enables us to determine the best way to proceed in your specific case. (Each case is determined on a case by case basis.)
- A "meet & greet" interview will be performed at your residence so that we are able to observe how your bullie acts in the environment he/she is most comfortable in.
- Adopt-A-Bull Rescue partners with various medical and behavioral professionals. If it is a medical or behavioral condition that prompted you to contact our rescue organization, we will attempt to work with you to resolve the problem so that you may keep your bullie.
- If you are firm in your decision to surrender your bullie to us, we ask that you provide us with as much information as you have on your bulldog - including, but not limited to the following:
- complete vet records or papers on your bulldog
- vaccination and surgery history
- any known medical problems (allergies, heredity or congenital disorders)
- any known behavioral issues (fear, aggression, dominance, etc.)
- daily feeding and activity routine
- the likes and dislikes of your dog
Latest NewsAdded: 07/31/2007
There's a new rescue group in town!
Attention all volunteers, donors, bulldog lovers, and supporters – WE NEED YOUR HELP TO JUMP-START OUR RESCUE PROGRAM! The two greatest needs we face at this time are for approved foster parents and monetary support. If you can open up your home temporarily and care for one of our rescued bulldogs please let us know. If you are not able to volunteer as a bullie foster parent at this time, could you possibly help out with a donation? Help the bullies & join our membership today! Annual household membership is only $50 and entitles members to special club benefits. To fill out a membership application, just click the "Forms" tab above on the drop down menu – the bullies will love you for it! Even if fostering or membership isn’t possible right now, a donation of any size helps. With rescue, every dollar counts!