Tyson's behavior....

Posted January 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Tyson did very well on his walk this PM and he is tucked in his crate for the night. On Saturday, Bath day, he tried to eat a bar of soap. Yes...he did! He was not going to let it go.. Robert had to pull his jaw apart. Today he had it out with a garden sign....the sign lost :( He barks insensibly at a scooter that is not moving and parked up against the corner. He's still humping the garden/patio furniture.He allows me to take his food away.. but he continues to jump up in the air when he sees me with his food bowl and I have to quite him down before he eats..I can put medicine in his eyes, bath him, he let's Melissa (dog groomer ) clip his nails, twice now, no problems. He can run like the wind and all of the sudden will plop down and refuse to walk, later jumping up in the air to latch on to his leash. He attacks every dog he meets and avoids the one truly crazy dog on the block.... so Tyson is not that fierce or brave.. because with the one true dog that will fight back he avoids.

Tyson Videos!! (and some bio info)

Posted December 7, 2008 2:36 pm

Bath time (Part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLtLdiQHwM

Bath time (Part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNTO282Y5Bw&feature=email

Sit & Stay, doorway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeJCD39uFs

Crate Stay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi6H-bBwV8

How we walk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikaWW3s1RqI

Tyson the B-Ball wannabe player...

Posted November 22, 2008 6:31 pm

... new foster mommie & daddie found a new way to keep Tyson entertained and focused :) "We got him real tired and hot and then gave him a bath ... worked like a charm"



Tyson got some bad news...

Posted November 2, 2008 8:22 pm

Tyson was adopted and doing great in his new home when some bad news just came in. Tyson's new mommie and daddy have been chosen to be missionaries and are scheduled to leave the country very soon. They are torn and heartbroken about this decision, but regretfully have to give up Tyson. They report that he has been a wonderful dog and a joy to have around. It's sad and unfortunate that Tyson has to leave his home once again, but Adopt-A-Bull is determined to find him another loving family. While we are in the process of looking for an adoptive home, we need an immediate foster home for Tyson's return. Ty does best as an only dog (cats unknown), no small children, and some one with plenty of time to play with him. If you can help with Tyson, please contact us ASAP. Thank you!

This is a previous update and current photos from Tyson's mom:

Alan and I are enjoying having Tyson around. He's such a good boy and very lovable. He loves to play and of course, sleep. The new food we are giving him is working out well. His skin isn't nearly as pink and he rarely scratches now. He's also gained 5 pounds. I'm sending some pictures. Take care!

Here is more detailed info about Tyson. His family that had to return him to us was very nice in drafting this up: Tyson slept in a crate and was crated when we were away at work. He reluctantly enters his crate with the enticement of dog food snacks. It's best not to put any blankets in the crate with him because he will pee on them. He is crate trained. With the exception of the above, he only had 1 accident in his crate. We fed him twice a day--around 9 am and 5 pm. He's had no problems with Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice 1 cup for each meal. It is not found in all pet stores, but locations that sell it can be found on their website. We put about 2 tablespoons of corn oil on his breakfast to make his coat shiny and about 2 tablespoons of live-culture yogurt on his dinner for a healthy digestive system. After he eats, he is very slobbery. We wiped his mouth and chin. He is taking Glucosamine & Chondroitin to help with his joints as recommended by the vet. We give it to him on top of his food. He gets 2 tablets with breakfast and 1 tablet with dinner. He typically has a bowel movement after each meal. We walked him for this purpose up to an hour after eating. He never had diarrhea, even when we switched his dog food. We stopped walking him for 20 minutes each day because of his joints and shoulder dysplasia. When it was hotter, we put paw wax on the bottom of his paws to protect them from hot black top (his paws were cracking and peeling). We only walk enough for him to go to the bathroom and then come back to the house. It's ideal for him to walk in the grass for low impact. Black top is then preferred over a cement sidewalk. He has gotten better at walking with a leash, but there is still room for improvement. Every evening I cleaned his folds, feet, and bottom with baby wipes and dried them. I applied baby powder to face creases and vaseline to his nose (to keep it soft). He doesn't like baby powder or the vaseline. I cleaned his front upper gum line with a wet gauze (hair gathers there). He does not have a signal that indicates he needs to go to the bathroom. We just take him out every 2 hours or so. (If you wait on him, he will have an accident in the house). One time we left the door open to the courtyard on a nice day. After eating, Tyson went straight outside and had a bowel movement. Maybe he is doggie door trained. I cleaned his ears about twice a week using the Zymox ear drops from vet, massaging them into ear, and then using q-tips to clean. We bathed Tyson 1-2 times per week, mostly using the Etiderm shampoo from the vet. I blow-dried his coat. Tyson wants the towel, but he will put holes in it if he gets ahold of it. Tyson loves to play, but not share. He will allow you to touch the toy--he doesn't growl or bite. However, he will try to protect the toy by placing it between his 2 front paws, covering it with his head, or sitting or laying on top of the toy. The Interceptor and Frontline Plus are due December 2nd. Tyson knows how to sit, but sometimes doesn't obey.

"I'z so excited...

Posted August 30, 2008 8:37 am

...'cause today I'z gettin' adowpted!"

After a long recovery from demodex mange and a serious heart worm infection, Tyson is now healthy and finally going to his forever home. He has come a long way and is looking and feeling great. Good luck Tyson, you deserve a family of your own!

"Gwood bye foster mommie Blanca, tank yew for takin' gwood cares of me, I lub yew!"

I'm getting neutered tomorrow!

Posted June 23, 2008 9:26 pm
It's been 2 months since the completeion of my heartworm treatment & tomorrow I'm getting neutered. This means I'm 1 step closer to being adopted! Whoo Hooo!

Heartworm treatment is complete & I'm in foster care!

Posted April 22, 2008 6:50 pm
One of mommies very special friends lost her beloved bullie boy last week and she thought that maybe I could cheer her up a bit! Well I think mommy was right cause when I met her friend I think she really liked me.... well....everything but my constant humping tendencies. So last night I went home with them and I couldn't be happier to have a home all to myself without any other bullies to compete with. My last heartworm treatment injection was completed last Friday and I got a nice professional bath from Heron Lakes Animal Hospital. The vet kept calling me a different name thou, he thought it would be funny to name me "Scuzzy-modo!" In the near future, I will be re-tested for heartworms & I'm praying for a negative result this time! I'll be sure to keep ya posted! For now, I'll be busy wrestling around with my new foster parents! Bye - Ty :)

Don't mess with a bullie stuffing his face!

Posted April 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Tyson's favorite time of the day is breakfast time!

Yum Yum! This grub is good!

Gotta make sure I don't miss any pieces!

Hey! I'm still hungry - give me more food mommy!

Oh Oh! I think a piece got lost in the grass....

What!?!?!? No more food, this is what I think of that!

Another trip to the vet!

Posted March 24, 2008 10:38 pm

Tyson had his one month re-check with the vet since his first mild oral dose of heartworm treatment. His blood work and over all health was good enough to start his first shot of the strong heartworm treatment. Even though his mange can't be treated with Ivermectin because it will interfere with his heartworm treatment, the vet said he can have Mitaban dips instead. So he got his first mange dip followed by his first heartworm shot. He is recovering well and is acting like his normal energetic self. In four to six weeks he'll go back for two more heartworm shots and that should complete the treatment. In the mean time he will continue weekly dips for his mange. A couple more months and Tyson should be heavier, hairier, healthier, and on his way to a forever home!

"What's going on back there?"

"I'm getting bored...let's see what's up here"
"I guess I'll settle down and wait like a good boy"

Yeah...Bath Day!

Posted March 22, 2008 5:06 pm

One of Tyson's favorite days is BATH DAY! Every week he gets a bath with medicated shampoo to help with his skin. He loves bath day so much because of all the pampering he gets. He tolerates all the rinsing and shampooing...but gets bored waiting around for ten minutes while the special shampoo sits. So foster mommy has to find new ways to keep him occupied. (especially since he's figured out how to open the shower door!) This time it was an empty soap bottle. He flipped and flopped it all over the place, sliding around like a goof-ball. He even insisted on keeping it after his shower and proudly strutted around with it. That was until his most favorite thing came out... the towel! He loves nothing more than to be wrapped up in a towel and fumble around trying to stuff it in his mouth! He can get carried away though and the towel has to be saved from becoming shredded little pieces. Amazingly he also doesn't mind be blow-dried with the hair dryer. Well of course it doesn't take long to dry the little bit of fuzz that he has. Complete with ear cleaning and nail trimming, this boy looks forward to his trip to the bullie spa!

Avail-A-Bull Dogs Adopted Dogs Pending Adoptions Dogs On Hold PetFinder.com Listings All Dog Listings
Bully Blog
Surrendering Adoption Process
Membership Adoption Foster Non Bulldog App